Thursday, September 01, 2005

Smitty's Boss

Today I went to a auto repair shop to pay a bill for Jen. I met an older man outside and asked him if Smitty was around. Upon handing Smitty the money he immediately handed it back to this older fellow. While heading back to the truck, I was held back as the man begun telling me war stories. "Three wars I have been in and let me tell you that is no place for a woman. Women are too petite for that kind of work( as I stand over him) ......and let me tell you about when I was in...(hand goes on shoulder)". I humored Smitty's boss for some 20 minutes until finally he recieved a phone call. Unfortunately Smitty's boss was in the middle of a story. He told the other end to hang on ...lowered the phone...and finished his story. Finally I was free and jumped into the truck as he started on the next victim.

No comments: