Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Green grass and brown dirt


Meadow is home and is happy to have grass. The drought was so bad in TN there was next to no grass. It looked like a desert....and we thought we had it bad. Guess we just got the heat! But anyways, I am now the owner of a Jersey cow. She is a sweet cow (like any good Jersey should be) and hungry for good grass. I have been leaving her in the yard while I am out there doing things.

The weather has been more agreeable this year than last. We have had more normal daytime temps and cool nights with off and on rain. I am still trying to decide if the flowers like our more normal weather patterns or not. Some things seem to have done better last year which I guess is why so many commercial flowers are grown in South America. Hopefully this pattern keeps up into the winter though.....the soil could use a good snow cover with slow melt-offs.

No comments: