Thursday, June 26, 2008



Just a quick entry to let everyone know I am still alive. I have been busy busy trying to keep the weeds at less then 2 feet high in the field. Thankfully Jeff has had some time lately to help me out a few times a week. Speaking of Jeff.....you gotta see him go with his new "weedeater" (i.e. a scythe). Not to mention he put most of my drip irrigation system in (while I was running back and forth trying to figure out which weeds to pull). I do believe I will make a farmer out of him yet. This is all while he keeps us afloat with his editing until the flowers start to bring in some cash.

Some of the things I am working on: Just about got my screen door finished (made from scratch, thank you). Half the front porch is pressured washed (I ran out of steam this evening). The bedroom will be half painted next week (and I say again...it WILL). Looking for a milk cow. Studying up on my pasture management(it has been a few years since I knew anything about this). Thinking about making a house for my guineas. Soon to come....cheese making ( I loooove cheese!) and roof painting(OK probably not till fall).

Jeff's projects: Practicing up with his scythe to get ready to harvest his wheat. Studying up on switching our water supply from county water to spring water so we don't have to drink the yucky water anymore. Soon to come...roof repairs and ditch digging.

No comments: