Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day

This was a tough week for me. The stress and overwork of farming weighed me down. It wasn't until this morning as I worked in the field that this came to me, "Rome wasn't built in a day". It is funny because I wasn't really even thinking about all the work I yet had to do. But I had been...all week. This little saying just came to me and made me just kinda laugh at how ridicilous it is to think I can get as much done as I plan for myself. Much against what seems to make sense, as long as I remind myself every morning that this is a fleeting moment and soon I will not be on this earth, work is not such a chore. It is actually enjoyable to work because I am commmanded to by God and not because I have to make money and support us. Provisions come from God....not from my or Jeff's work. We really just do this as an occupation for God's glory. But if I could only remember this day to day......

No comments: