Saturday, June 11, 2005

Congaree Swamps

Today, around 2 oclock, after going crazy in the psuedoworld, I decided to hit the Congaree Swamp National Park via kayak. Thinking I could relax a bit while getting out in the real world, I set out on Cedar Creek to make my way through the muck. Well this real world proved to be just as stressful as the psuedoworld of the city. I had to keep my eyes open for those slick critters without legs and the fuzzy critters with too many legs. I tried to tell them they should try exchanging..slickeness for legs... they both might get around better in that mess. They refused to listen. So instead I took some pictures(posted whenever my computer decides it will work again.....It doesnt listen to me either.... I am starting to see a pattern here). So continuing on my way, I relaxed and worried less about what those critters were thinking of me. The creek soon became boring...all swamps look the same. Luckily when I turned around to head back downstream the water was swift enough to call fun.

No comments: