Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Now you get to take a break all winter....

This is what I heard a number of times when I was wrapping things up this fall from selling flowers. But :) ....with having a wedding in October and going to Japan for three weeks I have already fallen behind!!! I didn't get the perennials I would have like planted this past fall(hopefully this year) for spring flowers. And I'm beginning to wonder how I will ever be ready for summer!
So what have I been doing this winter since buying a house. Today I tore down half the ceiling in our bedroom without falling through it, started to build cold frames on the side of the house for growing early annuals, lost and found Wookie (at the dump), eradicated millions of English Ivy sprouts( at least it seemed like it), and decided to wait on building a hoophouse.
The rest of this month I am hoping to1) get the drywall up and put up the plank paneling in the ceiling of the bedroom, 2) sand down the old baseboards, 3)build four cold frames on the side of the house, 4)build a rock terrace, 5)plan and order seeds for February sowing. Then to Maine we go to visit Jeff's family.

No comments: