Saturday, April 12, 2008


Jeff and I bought a reel mower and Jeff tried it out for the official first lawn cutting of the year. I am a big fan of a small yard...in fact I think anything over a 1/4 acre of grass to mow is just downright ridiculous. Since we are letting most of our front yard "go wild" we decided this mower would work for us for the area left in grass. So far it does a great job....and it is easy to use(which was a surprise to me). And of course the best part....it doesn't use any $3.25/gallon gasoline and doesn't require the maintenance like a gas mower. As far as the rest of the front yard....I can't wait to see what kind of meadow plants come up in it. I already transplanted one weed into it just cause I liked it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, the definition of a weed is any plant that is unwanted.
On an unrelated note. you guys really need a rope swing in that Walnut. I could put one in next time I come down.

Tito